St Pat's Shorncliffe
Designed, constructed and installed by Ross Jordin of Jordin Sports, this project was initiated as too many feet had made growing of natural grass nearly impossible. As such, it was decided that synthetic surface was necessary to maximise use of the remaining ground. The College has a proud history in production of athletics champions and became the first to take this innovative step.
To date, we have incorporated ten (10) playing courts/fields into the new surface:
- 6 x volleyball courts
- 3 x Futsal/mini rugby fields
- 1 x soccer field (near full-size)
- 2 x practice running straights
- Section of full scale Olympic running track curve for practice in running the bend and relays
- 3 x triple jump and long jump run-ups with pit.
Also included are:
- 3 x Laykold hard-court Basketball practice half-courts
- A tennis hit-up/soccer kick-up wall
The area is now a full time practice area as well as a full time play area. Very little maintenance is now required and as such, the College can justify its expense in maintenance savings alone, apart from having constant use of such a facility in all weathers.